The story of a woman who’s fallen in love with a city to which she is a stranger. Mckenzie Tomski is a New York misfit, an unobtrusive, yet self-confessed starer, a queen of virtual loneliness in the same way as Wonder Woman without high boots and legal status, a creature of liquid identity, disrupting American clichés with ironical, dark and uncompromising humor. Mckenzie comes from a line of outcasts, stray people, those who are standing in shadows, in the gray zone, and dreaming their American dream, that one day they will “prove themselves”.
The book combines experimental text with photographs by Vojtěch Brtnický and the comics by Malayan cartoonist Chin Yew.
The project is also performed by Spitfire company.
- Book Design: Jakub Wdowka, Ondřej Kramer, Artbureau
- Dramaturgy of the original text: Barbora Baronová
- Editor: Kateřina Kadlecová
- Translation: Lucia Mikolajková
- Proofreading: Megan Ann Bedell
- Print: Helbich
This book is supported by ARCTIC PAPER.